Location: Dominical, Costa Rica
Eco Community with private reserve, Home and Cabin Rental Business
This amazing property is located in the heart of Lagunas just 10 minutes from the beach and the last 5 min is on a very well maintained gravel road. The property is perfect for someone that wants to continue renting the existing cabins, or run the property as a retreat center, or remove the cabins and build several new homes.
When you enter the gated property, you are on a very nice, well-maintained road that is lined with coconut palm trees. After a few hundred meters on the right you pass the “Laguna” that the community and farm are named after. Then a little farther up on the left is the driveway to the main home, it is a 4000 sq. feet 3 story home with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, wrap around decks, and covered parking. It would make a great central area for a retreat center. There is room to add a pool.
The 6 cabins are sprinkled throughout the large property and are all very private with great views. They currently rent weekly and monthly and bring in some nice income. A large portion of the 190 acres is forested and has some spectacular trees. There are several rivers and creeks and at least 11 waterfalls.
The farm has its own spring water. There are also countless mature fruit trees all over the property. There is a lot of wildlife on the farm especially because of the lagoon where they come to drink. You are sure to see monkeys, sloths, deer, wild pigs, toucans, and parrots just to name a few.
This large property has countless building sites with gentle sloping terrain that make it very easy for future development. It is very rare that you find a property of this size and beauty with such excellent access. There are so many different uses for this property. Real gems like this are hard to come by!!!!
If interested the owners would be caretakers of the property. The owner developed this property in 2004.
• 8 title lots
• Two level house three bedroom, two bathroom, and two kitchens
• Covered garage
• Storage area.
• Gazebo for Wi-Fi
• Swimming pool
• Three level, 4,000 sq. feet house, four bedrooms, three bathroom, large kitchen, huge decks, lower level parking area, storage room, Master bedroom with large shower, toilet area, deck, office and AC.
• Caretaker house with secure storage area under living area. Parking garage, covered area for tools.
• Large area for raising chickens, farm animal.
• Five, one bedroom cabins for rent.
• One, 2-bedroom cabins for rent.
Property area features:
• 10 minutes from the Beach of Dominical
• 1.3 km of very good rock/dirt road….2 wheel drive
• Its own water system from three springs, water is concession
• One large waterfall and approximately 11 know cascades.
• Many birds of different kinds, most of the animals of Costa Rica can be found on the property
• Town of Lagunas is name after property, Laguna farm has two lagunas
• Approximately 7 hectares have Teak trees ready for harvest in 7 years
• Approximately 40 minutes from the town of San Isidro de El General
• Thirty km from Uvita and Thirty minutes from Quepos
• Three and half-hours from San Jose City and International Airport
• Two hours from the Panama/Costa Rica boarder.
• Two hours from the OSA and Parque Nacional Corcovado
• 800 feet above sea level which gives you cool nights and mountain breeze during the day
• Within 35 minutes you can: surf, fishing both inshore and offshore, SUP in flat water and waves, dive and snorkel, enjoy waterfalls, climbing, horseback riding, mountain and beach, flat water kayaking, white water rafting and kayaking, sea kayaking, whale watching, visit Cano Island, ATV rides, mangroves tours, national parks, zip lining among others,
If you prefer to live as green as you can, Costa Rica is leading the way for the rest of the world. Ranked third in the world in terms of eco-friendliness, Costa Rica makes excellent use of its wide array of natural resources.
Do not miss out on this excellent opportunity!