Location: San Vito Puntarenas Costa Rica
• 35 Forested Acres of Primary and Secondary Growth
• Wide expansive views of the Amistad International Park and the Baru Volcano in Panama
• Classic Ranch Style Home with 4750 sq. ft. under roof (475 sq. mts)
• 3-bedroom, 3.5 bath
• A new 16’x’34’ Pool with Solar Heating and 3 bubblers, sand filter and timers
• New Kitchen hardwood cabinetry above and below with granite countertops, glass stovetop
• Dishwasher, Oven, New Appliances 2020
• A newly constructed 500 sq. ft. glass-walled Art Studio with a/c
• New large tinted glass windows and aluminum frames throughout the home.
• Citrus and Banana Orchards, landscaped acreage a winding 832 ft. driveway
We are delighted to offer what we consider ‘The Absolute Best’ property, located in Linda Vista, San Vito, 6 hrs. SE of San Jose.
‘Linda Vista’ is by far the best residential area nearby and just 10 minutes to the center of town (2.6 miles) The ranch-style home could be considered ‘classic’ in that it was built about 20 years ago, and has features, not seen in today’s more modern constructions, hardwood ceilings, and curved cement arches are hints of older classic constructions, years ago when the Italians arrived, it was a different era, building contractors had a certain style and knew how to build, the cement work throughout is notably ‘solid and built to last and more importantly has survived ‘the test of time’. No structural cracks in the cement and in Costa Rica, ‘shakes’ are a common occurrence.
Upgrades over the years have continued, it feels more modern, and the entire kitchen is completely new, with fine hardwood cabinetry, above and below the new granite countertops, the kitchen appliances will remain as well as the 4 hardwood bar stools. Large, tinted glass windows and aluminum frames were completely replaced in 2019 throughout the home, Two bathrooms were rebuilt, the master bedroom also has a large changing room with a walk-in closet, the bathroom has a new vanity, newly tiled shower, jacuzzi with large expansive views of the outdoors is impressive, no neighbors. Also newly built is the 500 sq. feet glass-walled Art Studio.
The property is part of the biological corridor associated with the famous Wilson Botanical Gardens only 2 kilometers away. The property is a cloud rainforest and harbors numerous species of orchids, butterflies, giant moths and beetles, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals, the Biological Potential here following the concepts of the Wilson Botanical Garden are unlimited.
Years ago, there were over 2000 native hardwood trees planted as recommended by Wilson Botanical Gardens, as well as shrubs, palms, and other vegetation to attract birds and butterflies. At one time the farm was part of a bird monitoring project, and a complete vegetation study had been completed and a Bird Species Count had recorded over 100 bird types on the property.
Here is an interesting tidbit. This farm or ‘Finca’ as we say in Spanish was called Finca Sofia and you can read the conclusion of a bird study which had been completed along with other nearby fincas, Finca Cantaros, Finca Corteza and the Wilson Gardens or Las Cruces biological station.
The forest, which covers most of the property, (35 Acres) features extra wide trails that allow a person to walk or ride for hours without retracing steps. The property has 800 mts of road frontage, that’s 2,628 ft. plus the driveway is 800 ft. long and (250 meters) with a winding lovely landscape, manicured lawn, and old-growth trees. The circular drive ends at the highest point on the land, this wonderful home graces the hilltop with a large 16’x34’ pool, and 3 bubblers overlooking an incredible Valley with views to the Amistad International Park.
• Fine hardwood ceilings throughout most of the home, all tiled ceramic floors
• 100 Mbps fiber optics
• Two water sources, public and private coming from two springs on the property. A cement holding tank provides all the water needed and the complete water line system has been replaced with new lines, a major undertaking.
• Bamboo! There are thousands of poles in which to cut and use it is ‘furniture grade’